• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4

plstokes

Reaction score
I have 1999 Bayou 300 that is having some charging issues, I'm thinking it might be the regulator/rectifier but not sure. Does anybody know what the ohms should be and how to test one of these? I called the local dealer but they were no help, won't even test it for me if i bring it to them.:mad2: I really dont want to just start buying parts without knowing if they're bad.

Thanks!

How old is the battery? Maybe it just won't hold a charge? I have no knowledge specific to your machine, but see if you can do a little trouble shooting. For example, get a voltage meter and see if you're getting the correct voltage a the battery terminals. If you can determine which wire goes to the battery, get an amp meter and see if current is flowing to the battery when running. If the regulator is made so that you can open it, open it and see if the contact points are closing. I doubt if the dealer has any way to check something like that out, so you're probably out of luck. Good luck with it.

Back