• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

K 47 air box

sd455

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just making a trip to my local auto wrecker and wondering about the k47 air box. What years is it off of,and will it bolt on my 1995 suburban?

I did a search but couldn't find the info I wanted. Trying to avoid using an aftermarket piece,but will get the one Leroy sells if I can't get the mysterious k47.

Thanks!

Gasser box is way different. K47 will fit your 95 prefectly. You'll be real lucky to find one local, I suggest you get on line and look. Google car-partsdotcomm <fix it so it works.

Edit: see if you can get just the box as it will cost less. Then do the street ellbow mod keeping your 95 rubber.

Gasser box is way different. K47 will fit your 95 prefectly. You'll be real lucky to find one local, I suggest you get on line and look. Google car-partsdotcomm <fix it so it works.

Edit: see if you can get just the box as it will cost less. Then do the street ellbow mod keeping your 95 rubber.

X2 the 95 rubber eliminates the turbo muffler and seems to have better potential flow. I sold my old elbows and had to buy more after I figured that out. LOL

I am ordering some 3.75" O.D. aluminum tubing today. I'm going to make some aluminum elbows. I have some 3" aluminum pipe couplings that fit perfect into the turbo end. I need to make 3 piece elbows to turn the 90.

This project has been a long time climbing to the top>

Any recommendations on where to buy the tubing? The best deal I've found to date is about $120 for 4' shipped

Try ebay. The universal intercooler kits for ricers. Might even have a 90* premade and mandrel bent.

Back