• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Is there a best brand of Carrier bearing to use on the 1994 K 3500 crew cab?

I bought a timken but never installed, just put the 3 new AC delco prefessional greaseable u-joints in, packed silicone into the air gaps in the original carrier rubber, and let it be. may get a poly one, but am concerned about vibration.

warwagon, didnt you say it eliminated the shudder on startup, but had its own new vibration at highway speed?

Over 75 MPH is where a vibration starts with 4.10's. Towing you are limited to tires at 65 MPH anyway.
I had the drive shaft balanced and straightened at a good shop and it didn't completely go away.

With a load the factory carrier will let the drive shaft jump up and down 1-2". Trans guy was brave enough to look at it while I did a brake stand and started to slip the rear wheels.

I have had to back out of it a couple times to get a load moving and it gets old quick so I don't mind the vibration over 75 MPH with no starting vibration/hop now.

so if for some reason I dont get a starting shudder, leave it be and stay stock? I think the 93 K2500 had a shudder, but the 2wds dont seem to.

If the rubber is failing on the center bearings then you have another reason to try one. I can't say the over 75 vibration affects every truck due to different drive shaft lengths and clocking. The u-joints in my 1993 are not in line from the factory. (Putting them that way didn't help.)

My 2005 RC 2WD Duramax has it when starting loaded and this is with a new factory type center bearing. The drive shaft on 2wd is longer isn't it? Course my 1993 ECLB is what I put the poly bearing in so I assume yours are RC longbed 2wd?

Automatics do produce a lot of TQ to start out where a MT clutch can slip while starting out. Reference the wheels slipping/squealing on the dyno clip I posted...

Moon and stars align for this to happen I guess.

It may be a 4x4 thing, I will see after I get the IP changed, but I do have a shudder on that 93 K2500HD.

the 2wds luckily havent ever shuddered, I havent looked at the clocking of the joints. I know I was baffled by that 93, it was off like yours.

did you get the poly one Jeff?

Nope. So far I just picked one up at NAPA. I'm not sure I'll install it.
I've had doctor appointments about every day the last 3 weeks. Not getting much done. I'm glad that's over. No more Doc appointments unless I have to for a long time. Not that they did any good anyway. Still the same just with a lot more money invested in me again. To bad there wasn't a return on that investment. LOL

Back