• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installed Stainless Brake Hard Lines and Braided Stanless Brake Hoses Today

Big T

Reaction score
On the '99 Suburban, which came from the snow belt (Illinoies). I see a definite improvement in stopping power and pedal firmness. Well worth the investment, but the job was tedious.:mad2:

Now if I could just fix the ABS once and for all.

Do my eyes deceive me, you're a mod now Ferm. Congrats.

Sorry for the H/J

Do my eyes deceive me, you're a mod now Ferm. Congrats.

Sorry for the H/J

Yep, caught me off guard as well as had no idea they were even considering me. I'm still new at this though, trying to learn the ropes still.

Yep, caught me off guard as well as had no idea they were even considering me. I'm still new at this though, trying to learn the ropes still.

Is this your first post move as moderator? Ironic in that your posts on the results of installing braided stainless brake hoses influence my decision here. Sorry, no commission on that. :hihi:

Is this your first post move as moderator? Ironic in that your posts on the results of installing braided stainless brake hoses influence my decision here. Sorry, no commission on that. :hihi:

Yep, my first OFFICIAL duties here. Now if I could get my secret decoder ring I would be set.

where did you purchase your lines from. I put braided stainless on my BMW I really liked the pedal response plus it looks better than old cracked swollen brake lines.

Order both the hard lines and braided hoses from inline tube:

inlinetube.com

EDIT: To be fair to other site vendors, I removed the actual link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard this is a worthwhile investment, no matter what type of car or truck. I replaced the rotors and pads on my Challenger and I keep reading that switching to braided lines helps a ton with pedal feel and firmness.

How tedious was this?

Definitely worthwhile investment.

It took me about 5 hours, but the second time around it would take 1/2 that. The hard lines are pre-bent, but it would have been great if they marked them for where they go. Otherwise, you're pulling and matching. The front crossover line is the hardest one to install. If you just need the braided stainless hoses, that job is easy and could be done in less than an hour, including bleeding.

Yep, swapping out the 3 flexible lines for stainless braided and fresh DOT4 brake fluid is a VERY worthwhile investment. Just wait till the ABS kicks in for the first time with them though, you may have to clean your shorts out afterwards. On a dry road I can lock mine up and the BURB actually feels like it's walking when the ABS pulses each wheel.

Back