• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I did it. I sold my 6.5L Suburban

toddlnrd

My first diesel!
Reaction score
After many years of sitting and being used as a storage shed, I finally sold "Big Girl". 😂

It was a bitter sweet goodbye. I loved that truck. It was our family hauler from 2006 to 2018 (when she wouldn't start).

I got her running again and was able to get my asking price. The man I sold it to was very excited is going to keep in touch with the progress made on the truck.

Thank you to everyone that has helped me on this forum, many directly and indirectly.

Todd

After many years of sitting and being used as a storage shed, I finally sold "Big Girl". 😂

It was a bitter sweet goodbye. I loved that truck. It was our family hauler from 2006 to 2018 (when she wouldn't start).

I got her running again and was able to get my asking price. The man I sold it to was very excited is going to keep in touch with the progress made on the truck.

Thank you to everyone that has helped me on this forum, many directly and indirectly.

Todd
Get him set up on the site to keep her running for him.

Do you have a replacement rig in mind? Ya know missing the diesel will haunt you at night now! Haha.

Arguably a good move. While folks are able to keep their 6.5L rigs on the road, parts are getting scarce. If not already unobtanium.

If the Burb was actually a 3/4 ton spec, there is no current production SUV that will touch its real capability and road manner confidence while loaded. Several SUV manufacturers will claim the ability, but there is a difference in rating and confidence in handling while loaded. After making a mistake of getting a current production SUV with the highest payload and tow rating, I went back to pickups. The wife was sad to see the glamazon SUV go, but I was more than happy as I needed something that was more than just a good butt warmer. In the super rare occasion where I need to tow the RV and haul more than 5 people, will have somebody follow in a car. Today's SUV's simply cannot handle the load and I remain convinced that ratings are driven from a fair amount of fairy dust and tightly limited test conditions.

While I miss the pull of the Burb's diesel, I do not miss the noise. Or that it constantly pulled money away from other maintenance needs. Do not like the idea or TCO of today's DEF diesels either. As the oil burners die, will go back to gas as there are plenty of options in the 400 ft/lb territory which is all most of us really need for the pleasure category. Bonus is ability to hear passengers without yelling.

Last edited:
Back