• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

hydroboost leaking in cab '93

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
My hydroboost is leaking in cab, couple drips on brake pedal rod. Brakes working normal. Is this seal repairable without a rebuild/exchange?

my hydro boost on my 93 was leaking in the engine bay i bought a rebuild kit off ebay and replaced the bad seal.you cannot get just seal you need you have to by the whole kit it was around $70.00. you cant get this from the dealer either.

Old thread yes.

WW how was your leak resolved?

Lo and behold, my 93 hydroboost sprung a leak in the engine bay, nicely oiled down frame rail.

Any pics around here of one torn down and 're-sealed'?

I would recommend a MAGNA X FILTER Universal In-Line Magnetic Power Steering Fluid Filter as there is lots of stuff in these old steering pump's oil etc. http://www.aaesteering.com/rebuild-...ine-magnetic-power-steering-fluid-filter.html Put it on the box return line as any restriction on the hydrobooster will delay brake release.

Links here for hydrobooster rebuild kits.
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?22707-Leaking-Hydroboost-Brake-Booster

I just replaced mine with an exchange unit. I hate A1Cardone as their PS pumps and s#it quality has me on 5 PS pumps on the burb, 3 boxes and 2 hydroboosters. The hydroboosters get ruined when metal goes through the system from the PS pump failing or PS pump failing from blown box seal... The rebuilds have not failed me on their own - purely due to no bad luck with them.

In other words try and rebuild yours first because it will turn out the same or better.

Good deal on the links, and success stories..

Yeah, got a leak, not sure which avenue to traverse yet. RA sells a reman AC Delco for 158 bucks. I can 'reman' as well, barring any serious defects with my current booster.

I cannot find any write-UPS on the teardown. Exploratory surgery I guess.

Good deal on the links, and success stories..

Yeah, got a leak, not sure which avenue to traverse yet. RA sells a reman AC Delco for 158 bucks. I can 'reman' as well, barring any serious defects with my current booster.

I cannot find any write-UPS on the teardown. Exploratory surgery I guess.

The hydroboost in my 06 Dmax started leaking and dripping PS fluid out the hole where the MC bolted to it also... I went with the AC Delco reman unit and had no problems at all. It was well over $300 then IIRC. Flushed the PS fluid with TranSynd at the same time.

Years ago when I built my Chevelle I put a Hydroboost system on it. Anyway I contacted the MBM pepole. I could get the rebuild kit for $35ish IIRC, but I'd have to buy in with like 20 kits. I passed because I did not need 20 at the time. If there is a big interest here I could look at it again. I wont buy in if only 4-5 pepole are interested.

Back