• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How would I know?

mfgguru

Makin' it better!
Reaction score
Hi guys, here's the story: my injection pump is getting long in the tooth and will need to be replaced soon, starting to lose some throttle response. What I would like to know is: is there a way we can check to see the mileage on an IP after it has been swapped out? I have 2 - DS4831-5288 pumps here that I got real cheap a while ago. The PMD's were toast. What I am hoping is I could find out if they are low mileage PMD warranty jobs. If it was less than 100,000 km's (60,000 miles) I would put it in. Let me know what you think.

Here are the#'s

K6 DS4831 5288 J
Model: 8658049 12258156
5288 OCT 25 96

C7 DS4831 5288 J
Model: 8777510 12558156

5822 APR 02 97

That will be tough without opening them up or installing them and running a rev test on them.

Easiest thing to do might be to take them to a Stanadyne shop and get them bench tested, no guessing involved that way....

A bench test would be best to test full operation. Just because a pump has low miles on it does not mean that you have a good pump. With a test you can be sure that you have the pick of the litter.

Back