• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HIDs

jackh

Reaction score
something that really makes me mad is when ppl that dont have the right head lights buy the HID replacement bulbs :doh:. since their lights arent designed for that kind of bulb, the light scatters everywhere, including in my eyes, instead of being focuse and not going higher than a certain angle above the headlights like they should. so dont buy them :mod: or if you do get HIDs, atleast get the right lights for them :rolleyes:

only certain vehichles can run hids in the stock lamp with out scattering the light. this has been brought up alot fords scatter the light everywhere in your truck you are lucky cause the beam pattern is perfect it stays on the road and i never get flashed

o well lucky us :D

i just always get blined by little ricers that think HIDs look bling so they get them and burn everyones retnas they drive by

Actually my GMC housings scatter the light alot. They shine forward awesome and can see far as hell, and sidewas far which is nice for seeing whats around you, but they shine up too much to drive in heavy snow storms if the light is pointed up alot. But you cant beat HID light

agreed. HIDs are soo much brighter than halogen. difference is like night and day, literally :)

along with ricers are lexus imo. worst lights on a vehicle ever designed. i was driving the other night. was at a stop sign and a lexus sedan was at a stop sign infront of me facing me. its right headlight was literally shining directly into my eyes (keep in ming im in a "lifted" truck) while the left headlight was shining straight infront of it.

i felt like flashing them just because they had a lexus.

HAHA, i aimed my headlights to shine up, and really far, so it blinds everyone, im that asshole everyone hates. :D Our 2007 escalde has the projection HIDs, and i think they SUCK compared to my headlights. You can only see like 500 feet infront of you when your driving, its horrible. And its auto aiming so you cant adjust it yourself. Damn big brother

I know they scatter light and you may hate me for this, but they still look hella cool and you can see better at night... i'm all for, not against

Who's had good luck with what? I thought about some for my Bright lights..

I know they scatter light and you may hate me for this, but they still look hella cool and you can see better at night... i'm all for, not against

ya they do look cool and are brighter. id be for them too if the ppl that had them would adjust their f@cking headlights when they got them :doh:

Who's had good luck with what? I thought about some for my Bright lights..

now thats something ive never thought about...

Have heard theyre decent but still a cheap alternative to GOOD lights.

I personally am too cheap to buy the good ones. and the cheap ones bug me when Im the one driving.

ive had silverstars a couple times for the price you are better off getting hids you really dont notice much of a difference with silverstars

Back