• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hey guys, Its been awhile, Its kinda long, sorry

Jdbdiesel

Reaction score
Im finally in the market for a diesel truck again.

I found one i like

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/2241957388.html

I have a time to go look at this rig this week,

The damadge doesnt scare me, Its nothing done to the frame. Rad or any of the other parts, Im not the biggest fan of the red interior but i can live with it,

My questions are,
Since its a 94, It will have the Electronic pump correct?
Were there any problems with these years?
What do you guys think about the mods?
is this a good buy for the price?
The cermanic coated pistons concern me, same with the motor being built.
I think im getting a real steal on this truck for the minumal damage it does have. Its spotloss rust wise..
I just dont wanna buy it, and end up loading the credit card in repairs on the way back to my home, Im located about 200 north in Orlando from where he is.
The one i love about this truck is the 5 speed.
With the mods he has, What do you think the power is?
And can i expect a nice turbo wistle too?
I use to have a 97 and and it only had a turbo back exhaust. It sounded wicked with that wistle.

Thanks guys for chiming in..

Jeremey

I am pretty sure pistons are coated from the factory but if he put in custom pistons the he would need to get them coated for piece of mind. Just call and ask what he means by built. With a 4in exhaust and turbo master you will hear the turbo whistle and depending on whos chip it has power would be good. It has a DS4 electronic IP which isnt a big deal, you just need to make sure the PMD is relocated to the bumper. If the damage is just superficial and the build is legit then I would buy it. Ask for receipts on the "built" engine.

I would try for a lower price but that price isn't bad if the engine has been built well.

I like the looks of this truck, Ill be moving the Pmd. and i wont really tow with it that often, Is their anything to really worry about? i read over on Diesel place a smoking 6.5 is bad. But i dont wanna go around smoking every red light. But enough to let people know. It is a diesel. So a little now and then is nice

He's not saying how many miles on the truck[why do people do that] Many other things to consider. Tires[$600] Brakes [$800] Front suspension/steering [$500+] No mention of how many miles on the alleged "Built" engine. The body damage would cost at least $2000 to have fixed by a body shop. At the asking price you can end up backwards fast. $1500-1800 or less is more like it in my opinion.

Back