• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help with the flapper flapping ???

Dieseldad97

I now know why.
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 1994 Burb and whenever he starts the truck and turns on the air cond. the flapper will flap for a minute or two. He turns the key off and it does the same thing. Make sense? The noise is coming from the plastic shroud beside the fan.
I told him I'd throw the question out there.

Any ideas?

Mine does the same thing when I actually use the A/C system.

I have not had the time or effort to look into this yet. I also have not been able to guarantee the repeat of it, which would make diagnosing the problem easier.

I am curious if this is a 93 - 94 problem or do our newer generation trucks(95-99) have the same issue?

Maybe once I get my front end issues fixed I can concentrate my time and money on the flap issue! :mad2:

got it on the 91. there is an article out there somewhere written by someotherguy of fullsizechevy.com fame. I beleive it is the blend door actuator. I beleive it is only on a/c equipped trucks. basically the control module cannot "see" the position of the door, so it switches it back and forth trying to get a reading. basically, the motor is good, the sensor part of it isnt. It has to be replaced, and can be done with no dropping of dash, but it is a bitch. I still have yet to do it on the 91 gasser, it has been that way since I bought it in 06. got the motor and everything. what a lazy ass I am.

Back