• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hella lights

Jerry01

Reaction score
I have a 2000 civic for commuting, and most is driving in the dark. I have tried the silverstar ultras, and so far they are the brightest, but don't last long. I just put a set of GE nighthawks in, and I don't care for the light output. HID's are not an option as I would have to get projectors and I don't want to spend that kind of money. I was on costco's website and found some hella high performance zenon blue lights. Has anyone used these bulbs, and how do they compare to the silverstar ultras? How about life expectancy? Thanks. Jerry.

The OSRAM Night Breakers & Philips Xtreme +80's are the Brightest LEGAL Bulbs out there now.

Pick one you want and get 'em. You won't be Disappointed.

I've tried just about everything in the book for my Ford in a 9007 and HID's are simply the best, by far, with no comparrison at all to anything else.

I recently bought a set of 80/100 watt bulbs for the car and ran them for all of 80 miles. I took them out the next day. My silverstar ultras seemed brighter. The best mod though has to be a light harness that I recently bought though. It made a huge difference with light output.

Thanks guys for the replies. I am going to try the night breakers if I can find them. Did a search, but not much came up. I just hope these last a little longer than my silverstar ultras did. I agree 100% about the hid's. I finally put them on my truck and will never go back. I would do it to the civic if the light wasn't so bad with the original housings, which is the case from what I hear. Jerry.

The Philips & OSRAM Bulbs will last a Long Time since they are an OEM Company, so you'll have no worries about them Burning Out too Fast.

OK, I just installed the night breakers. Much better than stock, but I kind of think the silverstar ultras were a little brighter. I am wondering about the light harness, and if that would help enough to justify putting one in. My question is is it the same as what you use for hids? Or is it something totally different? Jerry.

OK, I just installed the night breakers. Much better than stock, but I kind of think the silverstar ultras were a little brighter. I am wondering about the light harness, and if that would help enough to justify putting one in. My question is is it the same as what you use for hids? Or is it something totally different? Jerry.

No way, shape, or form are the SS's Brighter. They aren't even in the same League as the Phillips & OSRAM Bulbs.

Light Harness will help yea. It's NOT the same as an HID one.

Instead of doing a Harness, I'd recommend doing the CATZ Zeta System. It'll Bump the Voltage going to your Bulbs up to 17v, and make them only a few 100lm dimmer than HID's.

Anyone tried the HIR lights yet from GE/Toshiba? I've been toying with the idea for a while, but they aren't cheap. I have Silverstar high beams and Silverstar Ultra low beams, with all4onhi mod, and they are still not sufficient. I just re-aimed my lights and polished my lenses, it's better but still not where it should be. Now I can't decide on upgrading the headlight housings themselves to the crystal clear kind or if I should just get some good Hella fogs to run with my low beams.

If you upgrade to the really clear ones, you could run HID's and just be done with it and never look back.

Isnt there a harness kit designed for your trucks to boost lighting? I have a kit installed in my Crown Vic and it made a friggen HUGE difference.

He can get away with just using an HID Harness, since the Ballast Plug is the same thing as a 9006 / 9005 Bulb Plug.

Back