• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heater Box

DieselSlug

Reaction score
Hello all,

Was wondering if there is any way (minus ripping the dash out) to fix my heater box? This was broken before i bought the truck and i don't even know how it happened. I never did figure out a way to permanently fix this. My defroster doesn't blow very hard, most likely due to the fact that there is a large hole in the box. I get complaints from the passenger and I am still cold. As my temporary fix i keep slapping duct tape over the holes. But the duct tape only lasts a couple weeks before the heat dries up the adhesive surface of the tape and it falls off. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1
You could fiberglass it, but what a mess and time. Pulling the dash and doing it right would take about a full day. This includes pulling the donor from a parts truck.

I would use the aluminum tape to bridge holes. If you get the right kind (made for ductwork) it sticks pretty good. I use it all the time on bath fan ducting

I had fixed a heater duct on my '69 dodge back in the '70s with foil HVAC tape. The fix outlasted the heater; when I replaced the core and ducts in the '80s, the original duct had disintegrated inside the foil tape but it wasn't leaking.

Back