• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

heater/ac controls

chevyCowboy

I might be crazy but i ain't dumb
Reaction score
was driving the truck eariler this evening and pushed the button to turn the fan to high it went to high for a second and the whole darn control pannel went black and nothing is working:???: checked the fuse and it dosent look blown, i will check it with a meeter tomorow. has any one had any experince with these things? any ideas why it quit? im guessing it just died.

LMC has them for $599 :eek: Rock auto for $250 :eek: and i found 8 pages of them in the midwest on Car-part.com for any where from $10 to $200. i though i had kept the one out of my old blue 92 that i scrapped but cant find the dang thing if i did keep it. :nonod:

Help its cold in the truck!!:eek:

I have the control out of the 91 that I junked if it is the same as yours. You could check if the part# are the same on rockauto.

Sounds like a ground to me i think theres one right behind the panel but dont qoute me on that.

Chevys new saying should be "Chevy Check Your Grounds"

Check the fusible links near the power distribution block on the firewall under the black cover passenger side. I believe the heater/a/c gets power from there. Ground comes from the big black wire attached to the rear of the intake.
Check to see if you have the red and black wire connector behind the glove box as the newer trucks have. A bad blower motor or blower relay can melt the connection inside the connector and not be real visable. If that is the case, cut the connector off and butt splice the wires together. Check blower motor for excessive amperage draw.
The red wire powers the whole a/c heater system. The black is the ground for the whole dash.

well strangest thing i was driving home from work hit a sizeable bump in the road and the dang thing turnd back on so this weekend i am going to check the wireing out. is there a ground specifically for the heater/ac controlls? every thing else in the truck was working just as it should when the H/AC was not.

If it is the same as a 91 the instrument cluster /dash ground is just to the left side of the scanner connector below the steering column. The power for the a/c system does come from the battery junction block on the firewall. This came from the 91 gm electrical manual .

Back