• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

grrrrr no start

carolinacountyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys long time no see I got job and have been busy! Well I have had a bad weekend, but anyways the truck will crank but will not start I don't hear the buzz/ hum under the frame rail. PMD I check with the one from my other burb that is blown up on heat sink with 6ft harness both have about 6 months of use got dark before I could do the lift pump test or the ops test will try to do that tomorrow before dark. after work am also gonna change the fuel filter while I am at it. Any other ideas thanks guys and gals I miss ya'll :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Check all fuses....ensure batteries are fully charged and connections are clean and tight...

ECM-IGN fuse. If you have no SES/GP light. checklist is always good.

Do you know the 94 methods? LP only runs during crank via LP relay and IGN START switch, and during truck running via OPS. I wrote this in another thread....

For a 94, when its running, check on pin G of OBD port, you should see 14V, that is battery voltage and shows the OPS is working. If no voltage there then no LP working. also you should hear the LP run for 5-10 seconds after you turn off truck.

Do you know how to drain the fuel filter assembly? In that same place you can attach a vac/fuel pressure guage to the end of the drain. You may need to add a hose clamp at the T valve if there is none there. To power the LP wihtout turning on truck, just take the LP fuse on passenger firewall out of its cover and press the top of the fuse against the battery junction post next to it. the fuse has a little slit in the top of it that will touch that battery post and power the LP.

Also make sure your crank fuse is not blown. That powers the LP relay on the passenger firewall, and that relay only powers the LP during crank.

You might try priming the system by operating the LP with the system closed, no draining out the T valve. that will pressurize the line with fuel. Then maybe it will start easier. Might prove you have an air leak or bad OPS.

Back