• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gross weight

Toddketcham

Reaction score
Hello folks, anybody know the gvw of a '95 c2500 6.5 TD 2wheel drive extended cab. I can't read the door jam sticker anymore. I'm trying to buy performance friction b/ pads and it seem there are 2 chassis weights.

When I go to the dump I am at 7,600 pounds with around 3/4 of fuel and just me in the truck.

There are a few variations. 6 lug with rear 9.5" 14 bolt semi floater, 8 lug w/ rear 9.5" semi floater, 8 lug w/ 10.5" FF 2.5" shoes, and 8 lug w/ 10.5" FF and 3.5" shoes. Now w/ that said I think there are only 3 different disks and 2 different pads.

I typically get parts for each variant and just return what didnt fit.

Look in the glovebox or check your axles. C5Z is 7200 GVW and would be 6 lug axles. C6P is 8600 GVW and would be 8 lug axles. These are for a reg. cab but the rpo codes should be the same. I believe the extended cab GVWS are bit higher but if you got got 6 lug axles then it is the light duty 3/4 ton.

Regular cab and extended cab GVWR should be the same. There would just be more available payload if using a regular cab.

If you've got an 8 lug version, and are in doubt of the LD or HD version, pull off the OEM center cap on the rears. If your axle sticks through with 8 bolts in the end of it, then you've got the HD version. If it looks like a rear wheel drive car axle, then you've got the LD version.

Ceramics are nice - they don't dust like the others.

If after going over the above good comments and there is still a question about the rating as the sticker listing RPO codes is gone, ask for a VIN check either here (http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?305-VIN-Check-Request) or drop by a dealer.

From experience, do not walk into a parts store and expect to get the correct part on the first try (might get lucky though) and in my case I stopped the attempt to save a few $$$ at the local parts stores and got the correct set of loaded calipers direct from a local dealership.

Back