• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Greetings

pat dolan

Reaction score
Came over here from my normal haunt at tdiclub.com since I am driving a 6.5 ('97 K1500). It was my best bud's vet truck until '05 or so when he went Dmax. Sat around for years so he asked me to put it back in service just to keep it running last year. I have had a 5.7 pickup, a 6.2 Suburban & still have a 6.2 3500 van, so not completely new to me, but the electronics & turbo sure are. (yeah, my F450...YUCK!...and TDIs have, but far too different). My other diesels are gesets (6D14T, 3406 & 200KW Volvo), an Iveco D220 (only one in Canada, I believe) & FLD120 with DDEC II Detroit (960,000 miles untouched). I used to do conversions with Japanese medium duty engines & gearboxes, but just don`t have the time for much exept fixing broken stuff anymore.

Already took a peak at the politics forum, think I will like it around here.

Welcome to The Truck Stop Pat!
Make yourself at home. I think you'll find we're a pretty friendly group.

Last edited:
Welcome from Alberta, Pat. Fill out your signature to tell us a bit about yourself and your ride, pull up a chair, grab a coffee, and settle on in... this here is the best place around for technical information on the 6.5, and has undoubtedly got the best members in every department.

Make yourself at home!

Jim

Thanks for the welcome all. You guys seem to be a little left of centre compared with me, but I suppose we will figure that out once I have some time to visit the politics page.

This is my silly season (build, operate & train operators on oil processing equipment required to work on very large power transformers), so I sometimes get down to minutes a day of free time (such as right now, building a portable breathing air system for a project starting in a few weeks), so if I am not aroud on a thread in a timely manner, hang on & I will get back in a bit. To best summarize: I take dissolved gasses out of oil, & if I don't stay on time, the lighs to out somewhere.

You guys seem to be a little left of centre compared with me, but I suppose we will figure that out once I have some time to visit the politics page.
I doubt you'll find anybody around here anywhere near left of center...:hihi:

If you just want to scrap, we'll all take turns being 'left of centre' ... we're nothing if not accommodating. :D

And we prefer to call ourselves 'West of centre'... :)

JiFaire:

Well, my wife no longer lets me display my Western separatist bumper stickers, so I guess I am just a whipped puppy on that count.

Thanks to all for the warm greetings - sorry to have dissappeared for a while, but had a client in deep doo-doo (will be for a while) and in the middle of all of that, we had to welcome our first grandchild into the family/world. Hudson Michael was borne to Capt Brendan and Johanna Clancy Friday 05:40 CST. He is named after the oldest company in Canada (his great grandpa was an HBCo trader, one grandpa wrote arctic survival books based on his experience and upbringing and the other (me) was for years an expert at getting IN to trouble in the bush of the GWN. His second name is mine as well as other gramp's first.

Welcome Pat to The Truck Stop and a big congrats to being a first time Grandpa! Like it was said earlier, it is bar none the best site on the web for any and all 6.5 info and help. Plenty of info on here to get elbow deep in for hours.

Back