• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got a side by side.

cgreen

Recruit
Reaction score
My wife went out and got me a Valentine's present today. Yesterday i got her a Kindle Fire to take to work with her to pass the time between babies being born. Today while I gone getting new tires for the truck, she went and got a new 2010 Arctic Cat Prowler 550 EFI. She actually called me and told me about it and asked me if it was a good deal, at $8500. I told her if it still had the warranty and no problems, then of course it was and get it and she did. It is red in color, so I'll have to do a camo job on it with mud first trip out. This is the first new ATV I've ever bought and I'm excited. Now to get those LED lights that Madmaxx was talking about. :agreed:

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I use to have a Teryx, sold it.

They are fun if you have places to go riding for cheap.

See if this works. In the background, you can see my dads Rhino. It's had a cold starting problem and we have figured out it is partly the battery and partly the choke not working. My daughter's Eton Viper 90 is right behind the Prowler.

Attachments

• Prowler.jpg
    Prowler.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 9
Congrats...Enjoy it and be careful.....:agreed:

My uncareful days are over. My little ones depend on me too much. This thing runs quiet, which is exactly what I wanted for hunting. We are going to kill some hogs next week and needed something reliable.

See if this works. In the background, you can see my dads Rhino. It's had a cold starting problem and we have figured out it is partly the battery and partly the choke not working. My daughter's Eton Viper 90 is right behind the Prowler.

And yes those are Halloween decorations still up in our garage, lol.

Well got to fill up the back of the Prowler with fresh pork last week. Total weight of about 250lbs back there.

Attachments

• sows down.jpg
    sows down.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 9
Nice going, some fresh meat. Do you ever smoke those on the smoker?

I'm going to smoke a couple of the ham sections, just 3-4 lbs a piece.

Story on the kills- We had been down there for two days and lots of sign, but no hogs coming out in the open. We drove back in the swamp Wednesday morning and found some sign, not a lot, in an opening in the hardwoods. As the day went on, something told me I needed to hunt back in those hardwoods. I was cooking hamburgers for the family, and I left right after without even eating because I just had 'a feeling' that the hogs were going to be there. I rode within maybe 1/2 a mile and strated hoofing it. it was up in the 60's and by the time I got back there, I was sweating with my backpack on my back and my Remington bolt Action model 710 chambered in .270 rem carried on my shoulder. Right as I got to where I thought I needed to be I put in stealth mode because the leaves were dry and every step was crunchy. Then I heard them moving around. I got into an opening and caught movement and saw the first sow. I took a rest on a small tree and drilled her right behind the ear. I racked another round in and waited. Then the 2nd group started moving in and the first hog was another sow. She stopped with her head hidden behind a tree and only her shoulder back to her rear showing, so I popped her with a double lung shot and she took off. I gave her a few minutes and then went to check for a hit. It looked like a water hose full of blood had been turned on and she only ran about 24 yards before piling up.

I hit both with 130 grain Remington Core Lokt in .270 caliber.

Nice shooting on the hogs. It appears you might be a die hard .270 man? Many people swear by the .270 with the 130 grain bullet for big game. I have never owned one, but use one of my 30.06's, 7 MAG. and occasionally the .300 WIN. MAG. for deer. I have got to the point where I want to try a different caliber such as a .260, 6.5 Creedmoor or a .270.

Nice shooting on the hogs. It appears you might be a die hard .270 man? Many people swear by the .270 with the 130 grain bullet for big game. I have never owned one, but use one of my 30.06's, 7 MAG. and occasionally the .300 WIN. MAG. for deer. I have got to the point where I want to try a different caliber such as a .260, 6.5 Creedmoor or a .270.

I like .270. It's plenty big enough for deer and hogs around here. I've had one hog run off on me that shouldn't have and that was because I hit his shield. My dad bought me my first gun and it was a .270 Remington 7400. It still shoots great and I actually missed a running hog last Monday as it crossed a hunting club road.

The .270 is hard to beat, especially with a good 130 grain.

I have a pre-64 Winchester Featherweight .270 that is my favorite.

Don

Back