• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Good, Cheap EGT & Boost Gauges and Pod

Ed HD

Formerly: Dad's 05 LLY
Reaction score
So since we're getting the Predator, I am looking for a set of gauges and a pod. I'd prefer cheaper, as long as they match and are decent quality. I'd prefer Autometer or a better brand, but something under $350 total if at all possible. Links would be greatly appreciated.

So since we're getting the Predator, I am looking for a set of gauges and a pod. I'd prefer cheaper, as long as they match and are decent quality. I'd prefer Autometer or a better brand, but something under $350 total if at all possible. Links would be greatly appreciated.

Ed, the set up I have in "My Album" cost me very close to what your looking to spend. I opted for a boost manifold over drilling for the boost gauge which would put another $125.00 to the cost.

I did see your setup in another thread. I think your gauges are a little more expensive than regular Autometers from what I can tell, lol. It does look very nice though. ;)

My setup are Glo Shift gauges; price was, I believe, $199 for boost, pyro, trans, and three gauge A pillar pod. They have worked great for me, but they have not been compared against a scanner simultaneously reading the same temps. Anyway, here is the link:

www.glowshiftdirect.com

I think there are pics of them in my garage.

I bought gauges from Egauges. ISSPRO EV series boost and pyro and a "universal" 2 gauge dash pod(from glowshift) for my K-5. Ran me less than $250. just have to get off my ass today and put them in.

An Autometer setup is gonna be like $400, the GlowShift setup is $200 for three. No decisions yet, nor has any money been allocated, lol.

I've had the glo-shift for over a year and they work fine and are accurate (i checked with a scanner hooked up) , but they are backlit only and can be hard to read in direct sunlight, but look awesome at night.

Also you can push a button and pick the backlit color at will, to help match your dash light colors.

The pyro works like a tach, no hesitation or lag time at all.

The boost gauge, I wish I could have gotten with 30lbs. max reading for a broader sweep, but it is still accurate to within a lb.

The trans temp no problems either that I can tell.

Hope this helps you out with which way to go.

If you have any specific ? about them let me know and I will try to answer it/them.

Good luck with which ever way you go.

Thanks robzombie. I'll probably use the third gauge for a rear-end temp gauge, since there's a Trans Temp gauge OEM, if we do go with the glow-shift setup.

I am also getting gauges for my 99 Suburban 6.5L. I am looking at VDO Vision from e-gauges. $255 for the whole 3 gauge kit with pod. I am thinking of going 0-15psi boost, 250°F-1650°F EGT, and 150 - 300°F trans temp. Am I on target with these numbers?

Sounds good to me, unless you plan on running boost at or near 15 PSI at some point. You might want more range if you do, but stock or close to stock boost pressures that is the best gauge to use.

Hmmm, do u have a fuel pressure gauge, I feel that there are a bunch of problems caused by low, no and even vacuum negative fuel pressure in these trucks and a fuel pressure gauge is awfully important and needed.

I have a Glowshift and its great, the needle is very steady and I can see if its 4 or 4.5 very easily. Be sure to put a needle valve snubber just before the sensor and adjust it to where the pressure goes up and down real slow to avoid wearing the tiny sensor wire in the sensor and to get a rock steady needle. I got mine on Ebay off a site where u make them a offer and I offered $35 including freight and got it. Right now Glowshift has updated their gauges and the older 7 color ones are sorta flooding the market plus for a while Glowshift had a quality problem but its behind them now.

robzombie4551,
Are your glowshift gauges the tinted version? If so, is the tint the reason they are difficult to see in sunlight? If so, I will just go with the black face series.

Hmmm, do u have a fuel pressure gauge, I feel that there are a bunch of problems caused by low, no and even vacuum negative fuel pressure in these trucks and a fuel pressure gauge is awfully important and needed.

I agree. Fuel pressure for day to day driving is the most usefull gauge IMO. While towing you may look to boost and pyro, but fuel PSI is right up there in importance.

My Glowshift fuel pressure gauge went bananas last week so they sent me a free sensor and it still didna work right so they r sending me a new gauge, should be here today. I bought mine from Glowshifts scratch and dent Ebay store and they still warranty the stuff. U can get gauges real cheap, mine had a tiny dent on the rim of the gauge. I know for a show truck u dont want a scratch and dent but for a daily driver or work truck $35 with free shipping cant be beat for a brand new gauge. U go on their store and they have the gauges listed and u "make a offer". I want a transmission temp gauge too, Can I put it in the line when I put a tranny cooler in?

Wow Leroy thinks I made a intelligent statement! Be still my beating heart!!! I have maybe progressed beyond being a newbie that only knows grounds, grounds, grounds gotta check them grounds???? LOL Do I get a badge or certificate or something? Gonna start my Walbro install today Leroy.

Back