• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMT 800 Brake Upgrade

I wouldn't spend the cash on it. We have heavy brake systems already as long as they're kept properly maintained

Sent from my SCH-I535

I don't have any major issues but I do like to stop quickly.

I run 20's on mine and pull heavy loads, I was shopping around and saw them thought I might as well ask

source unknown

16" discs. More pistons. That's a plus so far. The 'hat' style is cool and all but I'm unsure of real world all weather duty.

For $4500 where is the truck that comes with them. They should include a beater with a full tank of fuel to drive since you will be scared to use them.

Yeah, save 3500 and spend a grand on a serious push gaurd for the Honda that cuts you off instead.:hihi:

I run 20's so the wheel size isn't an issue but $$$. I'd love to put these on the wife and I's trucks but I think I will just upgrade to slotted Raybestos for that price

source unknown

For a lower cost alternative, will share an experience. I put cryo front discs on my 'other' truck with a *very* noticeable difference; harder braking with less pedal pressure.

OK, maybe a dumb question. Just for the sake of boredom I plugged in my truck to the compatibility drop down menu on his page. Says my truck isn't compatible. Glitch or are the brakes on my 3500 different than 2500HD?

Back