• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM Radio CD player not working

Acesneights1

Reaction score
My 2000 has a CD Player built in and it keeps reading err no matter what CD I put in. This problem got progressively worse in cold weather. Sometimes it will work after awhile. Anyone else have this problem / I really like the factory radio. Anyone know where to get it fixed ?

My 2000 has a CD Player built in and it keeps reading err no matter what CD I put in. This problem got progressively worse in cold weather. Sometimes it will work after awhile. Anyone else have this problem / I really like the factory radio. Anyone know where to get it fixed ?

Try cleaning it yet Kenny?

no. with a cleaning disk or dissasemble it and use rubbing alchohol ??? I know that worked on tape player years ago. Not sure what to use nowadays although Radio Crack must have something. Funny, as I kid I used to repair car radios in my fathers shop. Course...they don't have tubes in them anymore....:rofl:

Back