• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow Plug Harness

Reaction score
The stock 6.5 glow plug harness is pitiful at best, after 200k miles they are basicaly used up so when I did my Dually engine swap I made a complete new Harness I used Mil spec High Temp 12 ga wire new Packard ends and used heat shield wherever it got close to the manifolds, I did not put the fused links But I used Bosch glow plugs so they are proteced there
IMG_2274.jpg
IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

RDM you missed a opportunity as a aftermarket glow harness supplier, those are very nice, got a couple of vendors on the site I bet you could hook up with as supplier of harnesses to them, or sell yourself as a limited vendor, I've got a engine swap that has been in works for 2 years (long story) that needs a set of those on it. The "fire sleeve" material down at the connectors looks just like the sleeves we used to put on our fuel & lube lines we use in aircraft jet engines

RDM you missed a opportunity as a aftermarket glow harness supplier, those are very nice, got a couple of vendors on the site I bet you could hook up with as supplier of harnesses to them, or sell yourself as a limited vendor, I've got a engine swap that has been in works for 2 years (long story) that needs a set of those on it. The "fire sleeve" material down at the connectors looks just like the sleeves we used to put on our fuel & lube lines we use in aircraft jet engines
Thanks Doc, I have had a few guys ask me if I could make them one like this and honestly I have never added it up to see what I have into them, This was my first and there are a few things I would do different on the next, I guess Im cheating some Because thats What I do at work, I build the Dash's and harnesses for our Race cars Plus I do all the plumbing We use alot of high heat material from the Aerospace sector so I have access to some great stuff, I just tell Our Parts manager what I use and he tells me what I owe Rusty, I have found a place to get the Right Ends for the GP harness and The PMD Harness, PM me when your ready for one and Ill whip you one up, as far as the vendors Hook me up.......Bruce

Beautiful job on the harness, -mine is on its last leg and needs some attention pretty soon. If priced right, I'd be up for one of your setups, -everything looks top notch.

I also love the bowtie on the engine stand! Ford engines don't belong on a stand, -they belong on the end of a chain (that leads to a boat)

I don't believe the bosh glow plugs offer any type of circuit protection. There is fusable links and fusable wire in the oem harness for a reason. I wouldn't run the glows with no protection at all. I've seen melted harness' from shorted glows. A fuseable link for each bank would be bare minimum. Just my 2 cents.

i need a new glow plug harness, i was thinking of building it myself with a fuse for each plug but what size fuse would i need?

Just my 2 cents here, but Bruce already did all of the R&D for this, using his years of racing experience. If it were me, I would just save time, buy the kit and be done with it. Save you all the running around.

Beautiful RDM. I am amazed at some of the things you come up with, and I am in the automotive industry myself. Keep it up!:thumbsup:

I agree. Bruce is a great asset to our site and our community! :thumbsup: :cheers2:

Thanks Guys, I try real Hard to build products that I would use on my Vehicles, Because I am a pickey SOB :hihi: To date i have sold over 400 Glow Plug Harnesses for 6.5 TD's and H1's and have not had to issue a refund yet

Back