• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Getting Proper Torque With Crowfoot

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
When Torquing something Down using a Crowfoot Socket, would I get an Incorrect Torque Setting VS if I was just using a Conventional Socket?

I would almost guarantee it would be incorrect, James. Your 'true' torque would be applied to the end of the crowfoot, which is offset from the centre of the fastener in question. Not sure how to calculate a compensatory value, but logically, it could be done. I bet there's already a table, somewhere.

Cool, thanks guys. Gotta do some Trackbar Adjusting on a Jeep and you can only use a Crowfoot on the Jam Nut.

Done it before by putting the crowsfoot at 90* to the wrench axis. it's then almost exactly the same lever arm as the original with a socket.

Sorry. I didn't read the provided link. Glad I gave the right answer. It's the engineer (geometry geek) in me that generated my method.

Back