• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gauging interest in a new intake adaptor for the ATT

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I just completed an ATT install. One of the things I did not quite like was having to cut the intake manifold and run multipul silicone hoses from turbo to intake.
SO, I built a prototype adaptor with plans of making another from aluminium. The adaptor places the upper intake very close to the turbo, just like factory. You only need one silicone connection (reuse the stock one)
Normally when customes buy the ATT from me or Dennis we have to charge more for the two hoses, connector and clamps. If you buy the turbo without those you can save that money and apply it towards this new intake to intake adaptor.
Here is a link with more pictures and the install I just did on my Suburban.
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?40363-Finally-starting-my-own-ATT-swap
If you would like to see them come to market and think you might even buy one then please post up. If enough interest I can start buying material.

DSCF1048.jpgDSCF1046.jpgDSCF1044.jpgDSCF1047.jpg

That's a good price. It would be a no Brainer for me, I'll do atleast one.

I have 2 peninsular uppers but it might even help with those.

Will your boost bolts still work?

Source Unknown

I might be in can I send back my couplers for a credit?
Yes. I'll find some project to use them on.
That's a good price. It would be a no Brainer for me, I'll do atleast one.

I have 2 peninsular uppers but it might even help with those.

Will your boost bolts still work?

Source Unknown

TBB still works!:thumbsup: its in one of the pictures.

Forgot to ask, Is there anything specific you (Paul and Jay) you want to see? My plan would be to make it so it would only use one 90* ellbow, but any other features I may not be thinking of?

Forgot to ask, Is there anything specific you (Paul and Jay) you want to see? My plan would be to make it so it would only use one 90* ellbow, but any other features I may not be thinking of?

Am sure there are plenty of goodies that others will look for (Ex: extra hole for WMI, LPG, etc), but all I want is something KISS: unbolt OBDII stuff from the OE upper intake, take off OE upper intake, bolt on new Peninsular upper intake, and reconnect OBDII stuff with no fabrication. Put simply, something that a weekend wrencher like my self can do ;) In terms of 'extras', making sure the system works with the TTB is already part of the plan, so am good there :)

If you want to add a little 'bling', maybe some color options as I suspect somebody out there will even go for purple :ihih:

Back