• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gauges

paintballrepins

Reaction score
I know this question has been asked many many times, but here goes again.

I'm putting gauges in my truck. I'm going with the standard Boost and EGT, I have to add oil pressure since I'm swapping the motor into my 97, using the old cluster. I'm not sure whether to use a 0-100 or 0-150 psi gauge, I know the stock gauge goes to 120 on the 03 donor. Just asking for some opinions on this one.

While I'm going at the whole deal I'm putting an Air Dog II 165 on as well. Since it has a pressure regulator, does anyone run a fuel pressure gauge, after the airdog/before the cp3, just to check up on the regulator. I understand its set at 10 psi for a reason, jw if anyone thinks its worth it to keep a visible check on it.

Thanks

Put a 0-150 oil pressure gauge in. If you fire it up in 0* weather it would likely peg the 100. Mostly it only runs 60 psi max cold.

With 5W40 oil even on an 8 degree morning I still only hit 75 on my LB7. I simply hooked in my 6.5 sending unit and ran my 95's cluster with it. The 01-02 engines guage went to 80, and the 03+ went to 120. Also the 03+ blocks moved the sending unit back furthur where it reads lower oil pressure. An 80 pound guage would be fine on an 03+, but with a 100 PSI guage I doubt you'll ever peg it. There is a BIG difference between actual oil pressure and what the cluster tells you in the trucks stock.

I have been thinking of using the old 6.5 sender, I do remember speaking with you through pm about it, I just wanted to make sure that I had the whole range covered. I know my 6.5 used to peg the gauge at 80 on some nights and so does our 01. I figure I will set up the old sender, just wanted another gauge to keep an eye on it in the cold.

Any takers on the fuel pressure gauge? I suppose its not necessary but I have heard that to much pressure can damage the cp3.

Back