• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

G20 ver 30 lower control arm, are they dif???

G20G80

Reaction score
Hello all

I have a 1995 GM G20 van and need to replace the lower control arms.

In looking at all the autoparts stores, no one seems to make nice cheap replacement ones for the G20, but lots make them for the G30.

In looking at the pics at least, they sure look the same. (I know pic's?)

Anyway, was wondering if anyone knew if the G20 to G30's were the same or is there something different?

In looking at the pics again they look the same but might guess something might be dif like the dia of the spring hole or something else.

So does anyone know any info on this?

Thanks for any help.

I remember being given a wrong part for this in the past. iirc a different width on the ears.
Thanks for the reply Will L

Interesting, so are you saying for where the control rod and bushings go, that is wider?

Reason I kinda am looking at this is like I mentioned, I have to replace these and for aftermarket and even A/C Delco, they make one piece kits (IE ball joint, control rod & bushings and some even come with the bumper) for the G30's and all are under $100.00

Then the only one piece if even at all replacement I found for the G20 is straight from GM and the very lowest I found for that was $300.00 and some change.

All in all for both the dif is $200.00 to $600.00

Funny $400.00 less for the parts for the more HD truck?

Anyway, perhaps will check the cross member numbers (as thats where it bolts in) and see if there is any diff, and maybe the ball joint as it might be bigger an with bigger hole so not like I could just press in a G20 one.

Well thanks again for the reply Will L, an if you could confirm if by wider in the ears you mean the control rod, that would be great.

Thanks again.

I am going by memory and this is back in 98-99. Hands on obviously your best conformation. As far as HD bieng cheaper, that's just a case of more parts produced = lower price.

Back