• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Pump 6.0 '00 2500

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Guy here at work has a 2000 std cab long bed (big tank) 2500 Chev. His fuel pump puked and he wants to know if there is anything beyond the obvious to dropping the tank and replacing the pump assembly. I said I'd post it for him. Any and all tips appreciated.

The price of the pump! Most are in the $300 range, some more. Other then that it's pretty easy, got all plastic quick connect fittings, so no lines to rust up. A air blower helps to blow gravel out of the quick connects, makes um work much better. When ya put those pumps in make damn sure you get it sealed, no gravel or anything in the seal, or it will set a EVAP code. Hope this helps.

One piece of advice offered to us, sadly it was offered after we let our incompetent vo-tech do ours, (vibrating guage needle, loose hoses, etc.) is to not drop the tank, but to just pull the bed! these newer boxes are lighter and have less hardware, and 2-3 guys can lift it off, (for guys with flatbed, loaders w/ chains work quite well through the stake-pockets! :D)

otherwise, just keep everything clean and tight, it is probably wise to change the filter as well!

I was going to suggest the same as GM guy mentioned. WAY less of a hassle. Heck, the last one I did, I wanted to lift anyway. It was a perfect time for the body lift!

Thanks guys. I convinced him to pull the bed. I was out of town over the weekend but I had my cell with me and the section of the 2000 service manual (book 3) that covered it so he could call with questions. Never got a call so I guess he got it done ok. He had already bought a new filter with the pump.

Thanks again!

Back