• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel leaking

Toddketcham

Reaction score
Hey folks, I got a fuel leak and can't find it! I'm not a diesel tech but I am a master Porsche tech. We are talking about a '95 C2500 6.5 TD. Running well but in the last few days I've noticed a raw fuel smell. Looked at the basics....injector lines and returns are dry. Lifter valley dry. Checked LP lines. Dry. Diesel is dripping from the rear of the flywheel cover. Seems like low pressure leak. Can't find anything running off the top....filter management dry. Cleaned everything with brake clean.....layed under it while running and dripping....I just don't see any trails of fuel from the top. Gonna jump the LP tomorrow and see if I get the dripping. It's about one drop every 2 seconds while running. As a note: while looking around with mirrors I did find my oil leak. Lol. Just my luck....right rocker cover has a slight drip:(. Crap. Ant help will be appreciated. Thx. Todd Sr

You can have a leak going into the valley under the I take manifold that will leak to that area as well as individual return lines from injector to injector.

If you don't get it from hot wiring the lift pump, suspect rerun lines.

Like Will said, there is a hole in the back bottom of the valley to drain, there "should" be a metal tube behind the block that allows the liquid to exit without going down the clutch area.. the bottom of the filter manager/filter is known to leak... unbolt it and have a look at the bottom & the 3 fuel lines...

Sounds like the FFM to me. Mine leaked out the wires for the fuel heater and the water in fuel sensor.

My 94 did the same thing.. the o-ring for the fuel heater on the FFM was leaking. The fuel was coming out of the wheep hole in the bell housing. $14 fix from dealer

If you want OEM Fuel Filter Manager gaskets the part numbers are: 12511959 for the water in fuel sensor ($1.29) and 12511962 ($5.58) for the one on the bottom. I ordered mine from the local stealership. Took a couple of days to get them. I think the total with tax was around $14.

I was told that Leroy also has the parts to rebuild the FFM.

I need to check out the 98 Burb, It's leaking terrible. I've had kind of a run on FFM's lately. This #4.

Does anybody have another non-leaker for sale?

I have them in Viton for $10. They will hold up to BioD. OEM are regular Buna rubber, this might be why so many are leaking lately??

I have them in Viton for $10. They will hold up to BioD. OEM are regular Buna rubber, this might be why so many are leaking lately??

Absolutely. Even normal #2 the buna wipes out sooner than Viton. Viton is king on all days except the 32nd of Neveruary.

Back