• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Front return line connecting to FFM

Big T

Reaction score
Looking for this part. Has hard line that connects to hard line in between lift pump and FFM, then hose to FFM. We busted the hose and need to replace. Been searching and cannot find online, probably because I’m exhausted and currently out to dinner.

iirc the steel line your talking about connects at the LP and runs up over the trans bell housing and transitions into a rubber hose to the FFM?

That steel line should be the same fitting that's on a 3/8" brake line. it's inverted flare. you can get a section from the auto parts and cut one end off, use your flare tool to make a barb for a rubber hose to attach. shape it similar to the OE one and should connect to the LP.

iirc the steel line your talking about connects at the LP and runs up over the trans bell housing and transitions into a rubber hose to the FFM?

That steel line should be the same fitting that's on a 3/8" brake line. it's inverted flare. you can get a section from the auto parts and cut one end off, use your flare tool to make a barb for a rubber hose to attach. shape it similar to the OE one and should connect to the LP.
or just get a inverted flare to hose barb fitting and screw it on.

I think the LP fittings are the stupid saginaw type that also have an o-ring, just like the power steering lines that connect to the steering gear.

If one wants to just use fuel hose you can use this fitting coming out of the LP and then just run fuel hose to the FFM

I personally like the idea of cutting off the stupid fitting, adding a tube nut FIRST then re-flare the hard line to accept a regular -AN flare fitting. Plan on trying this out on the sending unit of the future dump truck since I won't be using the stock LP and the draw straw kit I used on my pickup is now $125, no thanks.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the LP fittings are the stupid saginaw type that also have an o-ring, just like the power steering lines that connect to the steering gear.

If one wants to just use fuel hose you can use this fitting coming out of the LP and then just run fuel hose to the FFM

I personally like the idea of cutting off the stupid fitting, adding a tube nut FIRST then re-flare the hard line to accept a regular -AN flare fitting. Plan on trying this out on the sending unit of the future dump truck since I won't be using the stock LP and the draw straw kit I used on my pickup is now $125, no thanks.
your correct, I forgot about that.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back