• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

front drive shaft

iviper123

Recruit
Reaction score
i waslookin undermy truck and foundout my problem with my 4x4, where my front driveshaft enters the front diff, the bearing is gone i have a lot of play.

is there a write up on fixing the bearing and what is that partcalled so i can get a new one and how hard is it to replace?

If the bearing came apart you're only option is to take the front diff apart and rebuild, but sometimes things look worse than they are.

I would remove the driveshaft from the pinion yoke and check if the pinion nut has backed off(it will be loose if it is),if that is the case,pull the yoke and remove the seal.
You should be able to pull the bearing out as well.
If the bearing and cup look good,you may get away with a new crimp sleeve(located behind the bearing and used to get the proper clearance when you torque the pinion nut) and a new seal.
Also check the seal area on the yoke,if grooved one can install a speedy sleeve on the yoke to get a new seal area.
I think these speedy sleeves are crap(the material is to soft and they wear fast) but lots of people use them.

Back