• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Front diff vent line repair?

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
I managed to snap off the front diff vent hose on my 1993. What does it take to replace the nipple for the vent hose? Too much dirt to see if anything comes apart.

It's just a plastic barb with a non removable loose cap,pull it from the hose,clean it with the blowgun and put it on a new hose

Maybe it snapped off the diff? ^^

Mine has a hose up from the diff with that loose cap un-fall-offable thingy attached to the end, topside..

Dunno bout the diff end attachment..

The nipple on the diff side is a plastic disc with hose barb that screws in the housing(got O ring on it)
The disc has a baffle over the barb hole on the inside so it matters how you screw it in,.open end has to point to the bottom when seated otherwise the baffle will act as a cup and it'll push the oil out trough the vent

Yeah, it went "Snap". So I found the 'spare' diff and un-threaded the plastic vent 'cup' assy. So now I know how to put it back. Looks like I need to mark the vent so the innards are pointed in the down direction.

Back