• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Front brakes bite hard

Ama83

Reaction score
This happens only when raining or damp conditions. Usually right side "bites" very hard when brake is pressed. After few careful brakings it´s alright again. Is this fault or feature? Pads and discs are quite new.

This was happening on my Cummins First thing in the Morning, all the Time.

It's just Build-Up on the Rotors. As you know, it Blows Off after a few Hits on the Brakes.

On my Cummins, it would actually Lock Up the Brakes, but after a few Hits, it'd Stop & Grab like Normal.

are you sure it is the fronts, the rears are known for the axle seal leaking and causing exactly what you are describing.

Yes the front´s, rear brakes did that when truck wasn´t in use for about 6 months but now they don´t do that. And when damp, they bite hard, few hits on the brakes and it´s normal again, but in next traffic light´s it could do that again :(

Hmmm, something else is Wrong then if the Problem comes back when you are still Out Driving.

Did you Check the Brake Calipers to See if one might be Sticking or have another Problem with it?

Hmmm, something else is Wrong then if the Problem comes back when you are still Out Driving.

Did you Check the Brake Calipers to See if one might be Sticking or have another Problem with it?

I cleaned left side while ago, could be that right side is needing cleaning too. But what wonders me is that it´s only when wet/damp...

Piston stuck in the caliper.
When releasing the pedal the piston is supposed to slide back in the caliper a smidgen to give clearance but now keeps the pads in contact with the rotor.
moisture provides more grip,after a couple uses it steams off.

Or you got to much play in the hub bearings

Back