• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flowmaster question

Rewind

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell which Flowmaster muffler I have on my truck? (muffler was on there when I bought the truck)

The Part Number is Stamped on either the Inlet or Outlet Side of the Muffler.

Roll Under the Truck, Write Down the Number, Google it, and you'll know what Model you have. :)

^^ Yep. IIRC the number is on the end cap. It's kind of an 'etched/dot looking' type stamping.

If it's too rusty, get a photo uploaded and we can probably tell. Measure it also.

Found it, on the inlet side:

Part Number 524554
Product Type Street Mufflers-Super 50 Series SUV
Description Super 50 SUV Muffler - 2.25 Dual IN / 2.25 Dual OUT - Moderate Sound
Muffler Series Super 50 Series SUV
Muffler Size 17.00'' x 10.00'' x 5.00''

Hummmm............would like something louder, deeper maybe.

The Original 40 Series is the Loudest, unless you go down to the 10 Series, which is a 1-Chamber Muffler, and VERY Loud.

I can't tell from your pics, is it a diesel or a gasser? If it's a diesel, i'd go single, but if it's a 5.7 I'd go duals with an H or X pipe. Didn't those have duals into the cat, then a 2 into 1 cat? Trying to remember from my 98 Tahoe.

Back