• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ever buy online from pensacola diesel?

BigArt

In for the long haul
Reaction score
I was going to order a new FSD and resistor from pensacoladiesel.com (not from their EBay store). It was actually cheaper at ther website than at their EBay store. And when I went to check out, my computer came up with a site certificate warning, highly recommending that I not go any farther. So I didn't.... as some personal info was about to be exchanged. I emailed them about it, but they haven't got back to me.

I tried with both my home computer and from work. And the same thing....

Anyone have any experience with them? Or with similar situations?

Art

Idk I didnt have a problem w/ it.

But at 280 for the kit "think" thats the cheepest I've seen online. http: pensacoladiesel.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=30104

I just bought a IP from them, have been to their shop in person, so they are a real shop, I have heard bad things about herzog injectors they sell so I would not go there for my injector needs.

My experience with them was for a set of DURAMAX LB7 injectors. There customer service is very good and so is there warranty. I will say though that those things went to crap real quick though when I got tired of warrantying injectors from them and wanted to return them. They automatically said my engine was the problem, not there injectors. They quit arguing with me though once I had the GM units in and it purred like a kitten and took them back with a $35 restocking fee, although it was a bit annoying that it took them 2 weeks to get me a set of cores back from them.

Hey Art, I've bought 3 PMD's from them in the past few months with absolutely no issues. I buy it now on ebay, a day later I get the tracking # and 6 days later it's here. Done like dinner!

Hey Art, I have also bought from them. Quick shipping into Tacoma WA. I clear my own stuff through Canada customs to avoid huge charges.

I bought PMD's from them over the phone.
I had also prob with online ordering,mainly cuz I'm still on dialup. Slower than shit trough a funnel.

I just bought a IP from them, have been to their shop in person, so they are a real shop, I have heard bad things about herzog injectors they sell so I would not go there for my injector needs.

Im assuming you got a rebuilt unit? I bought a DS4 from pensacola last year, but then I was kinda worried afterwords because of all the negative talk I heard about them. Whats your take on the quality?

Got my pump from them. NO negative issues. Bought it over the phone as they didn't post a 5068 on Ebay.

Invalid site certificate or experied means nothing if you know the company. Just means someonein IS forgot to update someting. It even happended where i work with the Municipal website. I would not worry...Now it it was a website called Barnyard Bonanza or Chicks with nah never mind...:rofl: , then I'd worry...

Im assuming you got a rebuilt unit? I bought a DS4 from pensacola last year, but then I was kinda worried afterwords because of all the negative talk I heard about them. Whats your take on the quality?

No this was a new one they bought from a dealer that went out of business, lucky me mine was the one out of the 40 they sold that was bad, but wasn't bad from get go, took a trip to Erie Pa (where I am now), for the optic sensor hold down screw to work it's way loose. Nothing like being 1000 miles from home with a bad IP pouring fuel, (I'll post details on that event later). Anyway PFI did not have another new one to send but they did get with a partner shop to get my IP fixed under warranty, with very quick turn time.

So moral of the story PFI in my book is a good in most things, only bad I've heard about them is there current offerings for injectors, I'd do business with them again if I needed another IP, glows, driver

I bought a PMD and extension harness from them, wouldn't run
with extension harnes plugged in, called them and they had a
replacement on the way the same day, no questions asked.
That's the kind of service that will win and keep customers.
Any company can have a bad part slip thru, unfortunate, but it
happens. I'd buy from them again with no hesitation.

Thanks for all the replies. OK, now I know that they are a reputable company. The issue I had was not so much they were or were not, but my computer(s) said I should not go any farther for fear of compromising my personal stuff. Maybe I will try going in through Firefox.

Gerald; The only reason I went to their online store as opposed to Ebay, was the unit was cheaper.

Thanks all,
Art

Back