• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EFILive: DSP5 Setup

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is help guide you through setting up a DSP 5 Tune for your truck.

Visit http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71 to get the latest software.

1.) First, you want to open your race tune or "Hottest" tune for the base tune if you plan on going back and forth from the race tune. Also, this will be configured for most switches the tuners provide. I would make sure his follows this route, or yours will just be in reverse. Not a big deal.

2.) Once open, save it as DSP5-Base-Tune, or whatever you desire. Under the tune you just saved, go to the "Upgrade OS" Tab, let select DSP5 in the list and click Apply Upgrade.

attachment.php

3.) Once you apply the upgrade, you will save the file as the same tune. Then close EFILive, and reopen the same tune. You should see the Custom Calibration options there:

attachment.php

4.) Next you want to open the EFILive Tune Tool Program again (keep the other one open also) and open the tune that you wish to be in the turn knob position #2. After opening the tune, go to DSP Program #1 back in the original DSP5 Base Tune. Once you expand the folder, you'll see a list of parameters to modify that will take effect once the switch is in that position. Simply go back to the other open Tune File and match each Corresponding folder and copy/paste into the DSP5 example tune.

attachment.php

**Example: You want to copy the "Main Injection Pulse" Table from your secondary tune and paste that same table in the "Main Injection Pulse" for you DSP5 Example Tune. You'll do this for all parameters in each DSP Folder.

I would recommend going into the "User Notes" and typing the name of the tune and some notes for you to remember which tune you have applied in this folder.
attachment.php

5.) So, you have all the corresponding tunes put into each folder of it's DSP File. Next is to full flash this into your ECM.

-First, save this DSP 5 Tune a few times, more than once place. After the save, hook up your V2 to your truck, then the computer. Have your DSP 5 Tune open, then you want to click the "Full Flash Button" (see picture below). As you can see, mine is grayed out as I'm not connected to the vehicle. Remember, lights off, no opening shutting doors, etc. This flash takes about 10 mins (It's been awhile, not EXACTLY sure how long), so it's longer than a standard flash when switching a tune.
attachment.php

After the Flash Warnings, you should be on your way to flashing in your DSP5 tune. Remember, it's best to have your switch in already before doing this (My opinion).

I would save the tune you just flashed in multiple places and make it clear what it is. After you full flash a DSP5 tune, you CANNOT read the file from the truck. Each time you make a change to the DSP5 tune, just do a Cal only Flash, as you don't have to do a full flash each time. (See picture below)

attachment.php

I hope this helps everyone out.

Jeff

Attachments

• applyupgrade.jpg
    applyupgrade.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 171
  • calexpanded.jpg
    calexpanded.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 176
  • calonlyflash.JPG
    calonlyflash.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 172
  • customcalmenu.jpg
    customcalmenu.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 172
  • fullflash.jpg
    fullflash.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 169
  • usernotes.jpg
    usernotes.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 171
Nice thank you very much. i'll have to take my time reading this. I also need to figure out how to go from dsp5 to single tunes for learning purposes.

Well I think I figured out how to make single tunes out of a dsp5. I opened tune tool with a copy of my stock tune. then opened the tune tool with the dsp5 tune. I decided i want to make tune #4 a single tune. So I went to the efi live custom calibrations and went down to the #4 folder and opened it. I manually copied with labels and pasted with labels each modification to the same stock tables and saved the tune as. The big question is will that work if I full flash it back on the truck???

One thing I'm not sure of...the base tune is a "cleaned up version" of my stock tune and I copied and pasted the modifications from dsp#4 tune to my "stock" tune. How can I compare the "cleaned up " version of my stock tune to my stock tune??

Man am I rambling I hope this is understandable! I just wondering now if the modifications to my stock tune to "clean it up" are then modified later in the #4 dsp tune?

Brian

Well I think I figured out how to make single tunes out of a dsp5. I opened tune tool with a copy of my stock tune. then opened the tune tool with the dsp5 tune. I decided i want to make tune #4 a single tune. So I went to the efi live custom calibrations and went down to the #4 folder and opened it. I manually copied with labels and pasted with labels each modification to the same stock tables and saved the tune as. The big question is will that work if I full flash it back on the truck???

One thing I'm not sure of...the base tune is a "cleaned up version" of my stock tune and I copied and pasted the modifications from dsp#4 tune to my "stock" tune. How can I compare the "cleaned up " version of my stock tune to my stock tune??

Man am I rambling I hope this is understandable! I just wondering now if the modifications to my stock tune to "clean it up" are then modified later in the #4 dsp tune?

Brian

What you have to remember, DSP #1 is actually Tune Position # 2. Because the base tune (every outside your DSP folders) is tune #1. So DSP #2 is actually tune #3 and so on.

If you don't populate the other DSP folders with a tune, it will remain the same copy as your base table. So, if you put a tune into Folder # 4, you should be running that tune when you switch to position 5.

You can't compare a stock Operating System with a DSP op system. You have to have truck in your copy and paste skills. :D

I defiantly understand the #1 is tune 2 and #2 is actually tune 3 and so on I just cant tell if the modifications made to "Clean up" my stock tune to use as a base tune would be present in the listed modifications done to the tunes in folders #1-#4 (or tune 2-5)

Brian

I defiantly understand the #1 is tune 2 and #2 is actually tune 3 and so on I just cant tell if the modifications made to "Clean up" my stock tune to use as a base tune would be present in the listed modifications done to the tunes in folders #1-#4 (or tune 2-5)

Brian

If you applied the Upgrade Patch AFTER you "cleaned up" it should be. If you did it before, I would reopen your stock "cleaned up" tune and apply the patch and start over.

Back