• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

duramax taking a dump

devbrookst

Reaction score
have an 2006 LBZ 4x crew with 297k has run like a sewing machine all its life zero blow bye tripped some codes p0203 & p0208 injectors i cant believe its my injectors because when i clear the codes it runs perfect for about 5 miles then trips the codes and runs bad could this be a chaffed wire or something hard to detect any input would be appreciated thanks dev in texas

I think you might be on to something with your chafed wire theory. Check all of the looms real carefully. When was your last fuel filter change?
BTW, Welcome to The Truck Stop!

fuel filter

my last fuel filter change was less than 3000 miles i have lost prime in the pump twice but it always holds for 1500 miles or so its done that since 150k no cracks in the housing and the seals are not doubled

one thing i might add i had to replace the hose on the passenger side of the thermostat time consuming but it did get wet on top of the engine when it ruptured is there anything there that water could have made something corrode? its been about 1500 miles since i replaced the hose

Dead on for wires or the injectors themselves. The codes say there is an electrical problem with the #3 and #8 injectors. Like a short, open, low or high resistance. Water in a connector could cause you this issue. Shorting injector coils etc could also trip this.

The only troubleshooting you need is electrical for the codes - skip the fuel filter etc. The electrical problem is so bad that the computer can't ignore it. Aka shorted for longer than 30 seconds etc.

my last fuel filter change was less than 3000 miles i have lost prime in the pump twice but it always holds for 1500 miles or so its done that since 150k no cracks in the housing and the seals are not doubled

The primer can also leak. The check valves in the primer can fail or become plugged with dirt and allow the fuel to drain back from any air leaks in the system. Some years don't have a fuel sock and any string type dirt will hang in the valves. You can get a seal kit and rebuild the primer. With the known cracks it is best to replace the entire filter assembly perhaps even go aftermarket for a better filter. Who says the cracks have to be visible?

Back