• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DS4 injection pump operating manual

Stanadyne keeps very tight lipped about their injection pumps. I've hunted several times for any kind of info on them and came up blank. I'd love to get my hands on the training manuals. If you find a source please share. I'm shure I'm not the only one here interested.

there are GM training materials about the DS4, not about internals though and how they are built. I have a book at home that is good. are you looking for diagnostic stuff between the PCM, PMD and IP? That info is available in the sticky section.

That also and just basic principles how that pump actually is built and how it works. I still have in my truck that powerloss thing and I´m just wonderin has that something to do with IP and what could be the faulty spots.

I got a Stanadine parts break down and bench testing procedure bulletin.

I did a write up on a DS4 pump rebuild last year.Its floating around some where.
Should've gone in the sticky's.

There is a General Motors Training Materials book called "6.5L Diesel Electronic Fuel Injection" from GM Service Technology Group. Publication number on it is 16015.15-1

Its quite informative. Usually costs a bit when you find it online.

For just the basics of operation I have a GM training CD that barely covers the basic operation. You have to have the GM training install program to even view it. That same CD is available on ebay. Like I said it is very basic. If it is all the training that GM offered their techs it's no wonder they are only parts replacers on a 6.5. I'll find it and post a link.
Here's one on drivabilityfrom the same seller i got the other one from. I'll keep looking
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item1c0f7d8644
This may help some
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item1c0f7d8644
These are the 3 discs I have. You need a flash drive for them to work also. The flash drive is for the test answers

Attachments

• IMG_1430_4.JPG
    IMG_1430_4.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back