• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Door Frame Wood Rot

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So, house is sold. Now, home inspector told me the bottom was soft. I knew it was, so I thought I would just knock out the soft and epoxy with the wood epoxy and paint.

Now, after tearing out the old wood it looks pretty rough.

What do you think? I would love to avoid putting in a entire new door...

epoxydoor.jpg

This stuff is AWESOME for rotted wood repair. It is athin epoxy that will saturate into the pores of the rotted wood, and hold them together stronger than ever. I use it for soft decks and transoms in boats for quick get by repairs instead of having to recore. Make a mold, pour this stuff on it, and wait about 30 minutes. Let it sit overnight, and it will be as hard as concrete. It also grinds easy to clean it up, and is paintable. The ONLY downside to it is you have VERY little working time with it. It begins to set up in a matter of minutes.

This stuff is AWESOME for rotted wood repair. It is athin epoxy that will saturate into the pores of the rotted wood, and hold them together stronger than ever. I use it for soft decks and transoms in boats for quick get by repairs instead of having to recore. Make a mold, pour this stuff on it, and wait about 30 minutes. Let it sit overnight, and it will be as hard as concrete. It also grinds easy to clean it up, and is paintable. The ONLY downside to it is you have VERY little working time with it. It begins to set up in a matter of minutes.

Link/Picture/Name?? :D

Back