• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Do the G80 axles have the same axel shafts as others?

G20G80

Reaction score
Hello all

I have 95 G20 van that I ordered from the dealer and that from the order I had a Locking Differential put in.

In looking over the special order paperwork I got from the dealer, it lists G80 for the RPO code for the Axle

Had 3.42 ratio with code GU6 and with the L05 350 engine if that matters.

At this point I now have to replace the axle shafts as they wore down pretty bad at the outer bearing and want to pick up a set but am not sure if the ones in this rear end are the same as what might have been a standard, which is what I guess is in most autoparts stores.

For the GM axle shaft part number for what I guess is the standard as its the only 5 bolt one I could find for this year, it is: 26013313

In looking around for just even a 1995 G20, the most similar info and what seems to be corresponding with that number is its a: 8.5 in. x 33 5/16 in. Overall Length; 5 Lugs; 30 Spline ....and if this is right, I can just get a set from the autoparts store.

So hoping someone might know more about this then me an any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Thanks for the reply 3500GMC.

Am hardly a expert on this, but didn't they stop the production of the 28 spline ones around 89ish or so?

Hello all

Well, just for others to know, did the replacement using the 30 spline shaft and all seems to be fine.

Actually used the Dorman kit with the 5 lug and just to mention, was told the shaft fit fine but the bearings and seal that came with it, wouldn't fit. Actually had a local garage doing it who was already trying to double the number on the same kit who said this, who then said he had to get new bearings and seal. But he did give me the Dorman bearing back and I saw it looked trashed from trying to get it in so might be true.

Anyway, just wanted to post for any help to others.

Back