• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE!

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. Up until 2 weeks ago EFILIVE had taken the stance that they would not take away what we already had, they just would not introduce anything new for US based customers(we already had LMM and deletes for everything up through the LMM, just no LML for US based tuners). Well they have changed there minds on this stance due to fears of EPA wrath, and shut off delete functions for pretty much everybody in the US. The part that URKS me is I was promised warning if they ever had to do this, that they would never do there customer base like HP TUNERS did theres with the LMM, well they did it to us anyways and shut it off with NO notice. We only got a small blurb about it when somebody posted up on there forum about it. So DO NOT UPDATE if you EVER have plans of doing ANY emissions deletes. This even includes EGR tables for earlier PRE DPF trucks.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27417-Egr-dpf-tables-gone-after-update

I received PM's from them saying the public release as of 2-17 has them restored, but tread lightly as they could be gone at anytime again. I FULLY understand them worrying over the EPA fining them, it's just we were promised by them that they would never do us like HPTUNERS did there customers with the LMM. I was told it was along the lines of they forgot about a regional setting in the software, and when they made global changes, it effected tune files that hadn't been touched in 5-6 years. Just remember that if they DO take them away, and you update your software AND firmware in your V2, you CANNOT go back to the older software and have your V2 still function. So make CERTAIN before updating your firmware that the software does everything you need FIRST!

Back