• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Digital gauges

:iagree: .. the most important part of any gauge is the sender; whether it's digital or not, if the sender is out-of-spec, so is your gauge.

The other part of the system you might be concerned with is the latency of the reading; digital gauges that are always changing are unreadable... the numbers have to stay put long enough to be read, and must represent the middle of the last x number of readings.

I kinda like the all 3 in 1 gauge set up, but the gauge appears to be big and gawdy. Just trying to figure out which way to go.

Sorry man, can't help ya... I like analog gauges, myself. Dials, colours, red-lines, all that good stuff.

'Course, I'm olde, too. :D

I agree, I like my watches with hands as well.

seiko_mickey_arms_men.jpg

Hands? :D

I like my Autometer Cobalt digital gauges. I put them in the overhead console without the angled mount. Analog gauges would read wrong at than angle.

I like my Autometer Cobalt digital gauges. I put them in the overhead console without the angled mount. Analog gauges would read wrong at than angle.

Very true. I'm kidding, I like digital gauges, and they're a lot more precise. It's also (usually) easier to set up alarms and warning lights at various thresholds with them.

I need a recorded voice that says "STOP THE DAMN TRUCK!!" when the oil pressure drops, just in case the wife is out with it some day... :D

(and I will deny ever saying that, so don't bother.)

Back