• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

dash vibration @1500 rpm

Bammer

Reaction score
Now that the cold weather has been upon us my dash is making more noise. It's most bothersome when the engine is at 1500 rpm. Goes away for the most part above and below that rpm. Seems almost dead center,maybe favor the passenger side some,gets a bit less when the heats been on for a while. Don't really want to rip the whole dash apart,probably make more noise after that.:rolleyes5:

Anybody got any ideas other than stay above or below 1500 rpms! :D Thats where I seem to be most of the time! :rolleyes5:

Ive got it too. I'll be tearing my dash apart in a few weeks. I can't stand it! I am going to wrap all the wires and cables with some sound deadening foam and make sure everything is nice and tight.

I'll let you know if I find the culprit. Honestly the dash cover is held in by 8 screws or something like that and a few tabs.

Ive got it too. I'll be tearing my dash apart in a few weeks. I can't stand it! I am going to wrap all the wires and cables with some sound deadening foam and make sure everything is nice and tight.

I'll let you know if I find the culprit. Honestly the dash cover is held in by 8 screws or something like that and a few tabs.

Anything and everything you can tell me would be great! 8 screws eh??? Surely I could handle that???:eek:

Mine does it as well as my fathers, both 2007/Classic GMC's

My 2002 is rattle free ???? with over 100K on it.

:confused:

Back