• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Could a truck be "to long" to pull

MVAgustaracer

Reaction score
I'm new to pulling and after i get back from this trip to Iraq i would like to try a few pulls and have some fun with my truck. Well i have a crew cab long box truck and am asking if a short truck or long truck is better for pulling? If a short truck is better, are there any problems that i might have if i hook my "bus" up to the sled?

Thats good news i know there are a lot of pulls in the summer in WI but is will have to wait till 2010 when i get back from the sand box.

I do not know a good answer to that. Dont know of many crew cab long bed pullers. And really cant think of any to direct you to to ask. Sorry.

does the carrier bearing hurt your hp ? Also will it be a weak point when you end up with pretty good hp #'s
being that long before you do anything get traction bars or you will break the carrier bearing from the axle moving. And if you plan on pulling alot you might want to get a one peice drive shaft to get rid of the carrier bearing

Back