• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cognito Leveling Kit

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Who here is running a Cognito Leveling Kit.

I basically have a few things in mind for my truck. Not in any order though..

1.) Suspension- Leveling Kit or 4" Tuff County
2.) Suncoast 4
3.) New Wheels & Tires depending on Kit.

Suspension will probably come after I have my tranny built this spring. But, I would like to have a good idea on what I should get ready to shell out. I think the Leveling kit can be had for around $600? While the Tuff Country 4" Kit is $1250 or so.

Big difference, but I do like the stance of the Lift Kit. And Unit453's truck is very nice with this Leveling Kit.. Decisions, decisions..

So, what did you go with and why?

Thanks Jeff. I love my leveling kit. Its pretty much the same as a 2" lift all around. I'm quite happy with mine but winter time up north really did some work on my UCA's.

I'll eventually have a 6" Cognito on 35's. The more lifted trucks I see down here, the more I want one.

Before and after....Makes me sick. :mad:

Thanks Jeff. I love my leveling kit. Its pretty much the same as a 2" lift all around. I'm quite happy with mine but winter time up north really did some work on my UCA's.

I'll eventually have a 6" Cognito on 35's. The more lifted trucks I see down here, the more I want one.

Before and after....Makes me sick. :mad:

The difference is crazy in those pictures. No wonder you got outta that place.

6" is nice looking on the GM's. But, when I do my get my transmission, I don't want to hurt that performance to much with a big kit. So, 4" it will be for me.

My biggest problem right now is figuring out some wheels and tires.

You'll go 4" and end up wishing you went 6". Trust me, there isnt much difference. Most kits are 4-6" anyways, depending on how YOU as the customer want it set up.

I'll see if I can dig up some more recent pics.

Next to a 4 wheel drive half ton and a few more.

Also, these measurements were before I had air bags installed.

Jeff if you ever plan to pull or race your truck you may not want the 4" lift or you may be casting down the track in nuetral.

In a sled pull with a hard hook and good power the right front of the frame as much as 1.5" on a moderate power truck. In turn the front driveshaft comes into contact with the shift selector post nut and sometimes you will get bumped into nuetral.

The problem with some 4" lifts is that they put the shaft at the perfect height and angle to do some damage.

oh and as for my opinion I say skip it and spend it on go fast parts. But you know I dont care about the appearance of my truck anyways so maybe Im not the best persson to give advice.

See, I'm the opposite. I saw screw go fast parts and make it look good.

Who asked you anyways...? :D

I know Tony Burkhart (?) pulls with a 4" Tuff Country. I don't know of many people that race with a lift kit. I just love the looks of a lifted truck.

How come I can't have the best of both worlds? :D

I also know Tony Burkhard has more time, money and R&D invested into his truck than all of us here.

You could probably get away with it. but it is something to watch for.

I also know Tony Burkhard has more time, money and R&D invested into his truck than all of us here.

You could probably get away with it. but it is something to watch for.

I thought of that myself. If I had a million dollars it would make my life eaiser ;)

Nick do you have a block in the back as well as the leveling kit up front? Do you know how much difference in height there is between your set up and a stock 3/4 ton Dodge? I like they way they sit height wise.

I do have a block in the back. I can also get another couple inches if I inflate my air bags up past 60 psi. It rides like a friggen cement truck though so I rarely keep more in them than 10-15 psi.

I parked next to a Dodge yesterday as a matter of fact at Autozone and I noticed that this guy was running 315's on stock rims. They looked stock to me but I didnt realize they put 315's on there. His front end sat higher but my back end sat higher than his.

yep stock dodge rims can handle a 315. Its like GMs holding a 285. Right on the border.

So, they must be wider than 6.5 stock then? What are they 7"?

Funny how Im a tire guy but still dont know what the stock dodge rims are off hand.

Technically you would want an 8" rim or more but as I stated, running a 315 on a dodge is like running a 285 on a chevy. It doesnt fit right, but it works.

I do have a block in the back. I can also get another couple inches if I inflate my air bags up past 60 psi. It rides like a friggen cement truck though so I rarely keep more in them than 10-15 psi.

I parked next to a Dodge yesterday as a matter of fact at Autozone and I noticed that this guy was running 315's on stock rims. They looked stock to me but I didnt realize they put 315's on there. His front end sat higher but my back end sat higher than his.

How big of a block do you have?

This is going to be an expensive year. I am getting pricing on a SC kit, I want to do the leveling kit and I'd like to have a set of tires for my summer rims. Ah who cares it's only money.

I like these trucks on 35s personally, it just looks right. Get a 4-6 inch lift kit. If you get a leveling kit, you would be wanting a bigger lift eventually. I have a 6 inch and i already want a 10-12:D

I like these trucks on 35s personally, it just looks right. Get a 4-6 inch lift kit. If you get a leveling kit, you would be wanting a bigger lift eventually. I have a 6 inch and i already want a 10-12:D

Exactly, that's why I'm skipping the leveling kit and doing the lift when the time comes..:D

Back