• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code P251

Crazy

Reaction score
Need some help with code P0251 i know what it means but need to know what would make this code pop up

Here what happen truck hipcup a couple of times yesterday put some put Qt cleaner in tank and then on the rest way home the truck started defuel and going in limp mode pull it over to side of road it stall started right back up and ran fine the rest of the day put other 100 miles on easy but when got home i put fuel pressure gauge at the water drain valve and it was reading 4psi at idle that seam low i think but would LP or bad filter set that code off ?

Clear the code and has not come back on yet so far

Need what ever help i can get. Getting ready go on a trip pulling my 5th wheel in few weeks and don"t want be sitting on side of the road

Thanks for any help
Bruce

Fuel supply, lack of, can cause this code.

Check voltage at lift pump with lift pump attached and running. Replace OPS if you have more than 0.5v difference from battery voltage. Replace shot Lift Pump otherwise and recommend a Walbro FB5 vs. the unreliable factory junk pump incl aftermarket replacement junk pumps.

This code is has to do with the Optical Sensor (OS) in the Injection Pump (IP). It can be brought on by external factors, such as putting strong detergents in the fuel that clean some slime and grime off the tank and lines, make the fuel cloudy perhaps so the eye cannot see through it. Or if you put in a solid lubricant type additived it can cling to the eye and obstruct its view. Air bubbles can cause this grief, and a weak LP can make air intrusion worse. Or putting in too much used motor oil could make the fuel too dark to see though.

Walbro FRB-5 is a great choice for a replacement LP, it will make the IP much happier and even make pulling the 5th wheel easier. If you have a high powered PCM program PMDCable.com sells another Walbro FRC LP that puts out better pressure to handle the sustained high fueling of towing and a high powered program.

Back