• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

child seat anchors in a BURB?

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Reaction score
Did the later model SUBURBANS come from the factory with the child seat anchors installed? my 95 doesn't have them, but I was curious if the 99 maybe did. I plan on adding some to my BURB to make putting the car seat in and out easier, and was curious to see if GM ever did it and if so where they were at.

I found the GM TSB about them, but it appears it hooks into the 3rd row seatbelt for putting the seat in the 2nd row which renders the 3rd row useless. I found some other owners had one anchored into the floor, but that sounds like it would be asking for a stubbed toe when I have people in the 3rd row seat. Guess I'll end up making something that hooks into the 2nd row seat.

Can safely state that my 99 does not have the new style anchor and IIRC the only 'child' related items were an optional door safety lock and hooks (that attached to the Velcro patches already on the Burb's seats) to move the seat belts lower on a child's shoulder when using the booster seat.

Am switching child seats in-and-out all the time, so it is second nature and really not that big a deal without the new style anchors. For rear facing child seats I hook the top strap to one of the rails at the bottom of the front seat. For the front facing child seats, usually install on the driver's side, attach the top strap to one of the cargo anchors, and (if I have the third row installed) route the strap to the side of the third row seat.

Am presuming that the 95 Burb has the 'locking ratchet' style seat belts (pull full out and they go into one-way ratchet mode), and presuming so, when installing the child seat I put my knee into the seat to weight it down which lets me snug the belt fairly well. Only 'trick' is to route the head strap first, otherwise if I snug down the seat belt first, it is a bit of a pain to get the head strap free; so in that case I get the joy of starting over :)

For right now I have it rear facing, and hooked the top one to the bottom of the seat like you said. Was just curious if any came factory or had them installed by GM. The TSB I found lists 2 different ones, one goes into the 3rd row seat belt(which is about useless as it ties up the 3rd row, and I carry people back there with my son) and the other style bolts into the floor(which I could hear how happy somebody in the 3rd row would be stubbing there tow on it).

Back