• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

chicago auto show shows the lml duramax

The wheel pattern was changed due to the new weight rating. Since the old wheel are not rated to carry the load that the new truck will this keeps people from putting the wrong wheels on the new truck. Like it or not it's a good idea on GM's part to change the wheel pattern. It is not the same as Ford's new pattern just for the same reason.

sorry, but I am not going to trust any engine that I have to piss in a bottle to keep it running...........

that brings up the question ...... how come it has to be cow piss? How come i can't just pee in the bottle ....... I can piss 5.3 gallons in 3 days.....

I wouldn't go that far. It's new, give it a chance.

All new on road diesels will be using DEF along with DPFs. Not just pickups. And off road equipment will follow in a couple of years. Fuel stops will be gearing up (some already are) to have a DEF pump right next to the fuel pumps. It's a fact of life and unavoidable. I'm just glad I won't have to deal with it for quite some time (knock on wood) because as soon as I make it to 200k, I'll be looking for 300...:thumbsup:

From what I heard on another source, the pistons will not be the same of the LBZ/LMM models, good thing. Hopefully these will have a better track record.

When is someone going to put urea in the fuel tank or diesel in the urea tank? What about HP and Torque numbers? They are mum on them.

GM hasn't released the numbers yet.

My guess is ~400HP and ~725 TQ.

I see the redesigned frame gives all bed lengths the same fuel tank size. No more tiny 26 gallon jugs in the 6.5 foot bed pickups.

Looks like they've made some pretty good improvements on the frame and it's components.

I'm always leery about all the electronic "assists" they come out with. If they all had an off button I wouldn't mind so much. With my '09 patrol rig I'm finding myself hitting the disable button on my traction control as soon as I turn off the pavement. Potholes and washboard on dirt roads + supposedly "smart" traction control = very frustrating when the truck "dies" while trying to drive.

I found out real quick with our '00 Impala that traction control + slushy roads doesn't mix. Stupid car practically wont move because it keeps sensing a tire spinning a little. It's almost part of the startup routine in the winter time....turn key....engine starts....put in drive....turn off traction control.....go

My biggest issue is the low clearance. Every new model design seems to get lower and lower to the ground. I can understand the issues with drivetrain components vs. needing a step ladder to get in the cab, but there's no reason why the front bumper has to be 5 inches off the ground.

UREA is not a dealer specific item. It's cost will be $2.50 a gallon.

Like I said before, I'm sure EFILive and other tuners will create a way to eliminate the UREA.

from a quick google search i found it to be 9 bucks a gallon yesterday. either way it still sucks.

I see the redesigned frame gives all bed lengths the same fuel tank size. No more tiny 26 gallon jugs in the 6.5 foot bed pickups.

Looks like they've made some pretty good improvements on the frame and it's components.

I'm always leery about all the electronic "assists" they come out with. If they all had an off button I wouldn't mind so much. With my '09 patrol rig I'm finding myself hitting the disable button on my traction control as soon as I turn off the pavement. Potholes and washboard on dirt roads + supposedly "smart" traction control = very frustrating when the truck "dies" while trying to drive.

I found out real quick with our '00 Impala that traction control + slushy roads doesn't mix. Stupid car practically wont move because it keeps sensing a tire spinning a little. It's almost part of the startup routine in the winter time....turn key....engine starts....put in drive....turn off traction control.....go

My biggest issue is the low clearance. Every new model design seems to get lower and lower to the ground. I can understand the issues with drivetrain components vs. needing a step ladder to get in the cab, but there's no reason why the front bumper has to be 5 inches off the ground.

The low front is a downfall for me also. As soon as a lift becomes available, I'll have a 4" TC lift on it.

thats a little harsh especially since its a auto show not a fundraiser for a politician

I do my best to boycott Crook County and any businesses located there. They push many laws through at the expense of the rest of the state and attempt to push their gun control agenda down our throats.
We pay for their mass transit because they don't charge the riders enough for it to pay for itself. They should have to pay at least .50 a mile - that's what it costs to drive a car. And they do not have to pay for parking.
I boycott all of Crook county and everything that happens there.
When the time comes that I can carry a weapon for my self defense and that of my family, I might consider going back, But I doubt it.

The money you spend in Crook County stays in Crook County.

i understand and i agree almost entirely. but i dont live in chicago and only visit there on a occasion. i have an uncle that lives near mcormick place so im going to park my truck there and walk to the show. im a pretty big guy so i dont expect any trouble and especially around that area. i would love to bring my gun to chicago but it is against the law and i dont need the trouble. my only money to cook county is for a ticket for the show and some food.

I do my best to boycott Crook County and any businesses located there. They push many laws through at the expense of the rest of the state and attempt to push their gun control agenda down our throats.
We pay for their mass transit because they don't charge the riders enough for it to pay for itself. They should have to pay at least .50 a mile - that's what it costs to drive a car. And they do not have to pay for parking.
I boycott all of Crook county and everything that happens there.
When the time comes that I can carry a weapon for my self defense and that of my family, I might consider going back, But I doubt it.

The money you spend in Crook County stays in Crook County.

I would rather use the airports (are they still in cook county) in Chicago than Detroit........ to expensive to fly out of SouthBend....... and all the money you spend in Illinois stays in crook country...........

I would rather use the airports (are they still in cook county) in Chicago than Detroit........ to expensive to fly out of SouthBend....... and all the money you spend in Illinois stays in crook country...........

The airports are both in Crook county.
I really do not like flying in big planes. I don't mind little planes at all. Even though the safety factors are the reverse of my preferences. But then my claustrophobia doesn't make any sense either. Just try to tell me that when I'm getting stuck someplace.

Like I said, I do my best to boycott Crook County and encourage all others to do so as well. Maybe after they lose enough business they will realize that people do not like their laws and as a result do not want to do business with the city and often times the Sate of Illinois.
I've talked to many people that would come to Illinois for conventions and the Grand. Many do not come here because of Illinois' &/or Crook County's laws. And more still come but don't like it. It is a factor that makes it easier for those making decisions to hold their conferences & conventions elsewhere.

Back