• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CD player stole my CDs

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I had 5 CDs in the player. Went to start one yesterday and the CD mode didn't come on. Hit eject and it says "no disc". I'm thinkin' WTF, when did somebody steal 'em? They're there, I just can't get to 'em.
This AM I thought well I'll just stick the 6th one in and that should do it... But NO! Back in Black has now joined the MIA CDs...
WTF do I do now?

I have no firsthand experience, but have heard that sometimes the CD player needs to be reset by disconnecting the battery cables for a few minutes. Its worth a try.

So obviously I'll lose my radio settings but what about the memory seat settings? Can I just put a 9v battery on it to save the settings while still killing the main?

If you don't wanna Pull the Battery Terminals, just Pull the Headunit Out.

It's only 4 Screws, then Reach around the Back and Unplug it.

I never lost my presets after disconnecting the batteries.....Must be a Cap or something to keep these in memory.

If you don't wanna Pull the Battery Terminals, just Pull the Headunit Out.

It's only 4 Screws, then Reach around the Back and Unplug it.

Mike, I agree with James. Sitting in the drivers seat is better than bending over the fenders.

On a somewhat related note my CD player quit taking and giving my cd when i put one in or eject it. It just wont grab it to slide it in or out (thats what she said) My question however is if I go and buy a new aftermarket cd deck or something, is it possible to hook up my steering wheel controls? cause i dont wanna loose those

Well I disconnected the battery negatives. Didn't lose my presets (but it did put the heat controls to auto). It let me go to the CD player and then said "no discs" again. After screwing around with it for a bit and cycling back through the 3 radio bands it doesn't go to the CDs again. Now WTF is next?

Well I disconnected the battery negatives. Didn't lose my presets (but it did put the heat controls to auto). It let me go to the CD player and then said "no discs" again. After screwing around with it for a bit and cycling back through the 3 radio bands it doesn't go to the CDs again. Now WTF is next?

So now the Headunit just doesn't Recognize the CD Function at all?

This AM it shows a flashing disc symbol just as it did when I did the disconnect. When I switch over to the CD function it doesn't recognize a play command and press when I push eject it says "no disc". (There are 6 in it). After that it will not go to the function again. Just goes from AM to FM1.

Found this at DP. Apparently it's sorta common.

My guess is that your radio needs reprogrammed.

TSB 04-08-44-020C
Resolution number 04-08-44-020=B

Subject: CD player long load to play time, error message, cd does not return to previous track, cd does not play, cd does not eject, cd stuck in player, radio will not accept cd

For models with RPOs UB0 or UB1

Cause: Software anomaly found within the radio

I'm gonna have to see if I can find time to go see my dealer and do some schmoozing for a freebie reflash.

Back