• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Can a GMT 400 Suburban come from the fact. w/o rear heat?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am in the process of getting serious to buy a 94 suburban, white and 2wd, of course, and it has a blown 6.5L, (oil cooler lines!) so that is why it is in my budget.

The guy was concerned that I knew the sub had rear a/c, but no rear heat.

I was well aware that rear a/c was in fact an option, but I did not know that rear heat was an option. It is not like this burb is stripped, as it has pw/dl, and has buckets up front and a cloth interior, so I am fairly sure that it would have had rear heat.

Do you think that the heater core went bad, and they gutted the system, so that is why it is heater-less, or can they come w/o a rear heater from OEM?
Any input greatly appreciated, thanks!

OK, thanks for the info guys! I would like rear heat, but apparently the rig is super clean and rust and dent free, so I doubt it will be used in seasons that need rear heat. where there is cold, there is salt..for the most part anyways! :)

My dad had rear air and heat in his 97 Tahoe, but I only had rear air in my 98 Tahoe. So yes, it was an option. I think the theory is that hot air travels faster than cold air, so rear heat is less important than rear air.

Back