• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

C6500 anybody have one?

tinknocker

Chevy 6.5 Diesel Man
Reaction score
Is there anyone here with a C6500? I have a problem that I think is related to the ignition switch. The thing won't start unless I jump the solenoid. Then it has a safety of theft deterrent mechanism that beeps and shuts down the truck after a few seconds. I found a workaround. I set up a stater button and I have to step in on the clutch and hit the button and then turn the switch like I was starting it, letting off the button and then the ig switch after the button. Even then I have to do it two times to override.

I just want to kill the safety thing altogether. Even if you roll it and pop the clutch it does it. I had to slam on the brakes one time at a light and the truck stalled and then started up and the beeper went off and stalled. It is just one of those ag things in this new age world.

Any Ideas???

Thanks
Bob

Get a '96 PCM and steering column stuff: no security junk - yes, the PCM will manage the 4L80E, but if it gets lonely for all the missing EFI engine inputs, the resultant CEL's will hide any transmission DTC's.......................

Ok, my bad - I got off into your sig by misteak............

Top Kick came with a Cat?

yep. the place my brother works has 4 of them......... good trucks ..... they are too stupid to know that they are loaded ....... they stroll the same loaded or empty down the hwy.............

[EDIT] considering a large 5er and if I had the money I would buy one ......... mid 20's for price and you get a nearly 30,000 pound towing capacity, wonder what a used one goes for? [/EDIT]

Back