• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake Master Cylinder Reservoir Removal

Big T

Reaction score
Instructions say there are two types of reservoirs on the brake master cylinders: pry off and roll pin or screw type. I don't see any pins or screws on mine and I'be tried to pry it off and it's not coming. Any advice?

Nevermind. It was most definitely a pry off and it broke off in the process.

I am doing this work up at Big Bear on my anniversary weekend (23). So glad we brought two trucks as now I need to drive down the 90 miles to Fullerton and harvest the reservoir off the '95 wreck. We were going down anyway to pick up some new doggy packs at Bass Pro or REI. The old master cylinder looks like crap and is full of sediment. New one is a Fenco made in Canada. Hope those Canucks don't F me.

Alright, got the new master cylinder bench bled, installed, bled and flushed. Brakes are working much better. Guess the master cylinders don't go much beyond 200K miles.

Very rare to harvest an old reservoir in one piece. Sometimes a heat gun will help. Sometimes... Good job on the bench bleed, that part is often overlooked.

Well the one on the '95 wreck came off intact. Once I started to get it loose, I shot some WD40 into the rubber grommets, promised her a nice dinner and she came.

Back